Looking outside, I found that a house was burning nearby. I rushed out with my two brothers and soon reached the place. I found that the house of Chand Kumar Mahato was burning. People were throwing water from buckets and sands in their hand, but a strong wind was blowing, and their efforts were in vain. The Fire Brigade, however, came there soon after and the fire was brought under control in an hour.
By that time half of the home had been burnt down. Shri Chand Kumar Mahato suffered a heavy loss. It appeared that he would have to rebuild his home once again.
Afterwards, it was found that the fire had been caused by the negligence of Ramu, the servant of the home, who had gone to sleep with a burning cigarette on his lips. Later on, the cigarette fell on his bed, and the clothes caught fire. This fire spread and soon the whole building was burning. Many were busy in bringing buckets of water while other poured it on the fire. I, too, joined them, we tried our best to put out the fire, but all our efforts were in vain.
Soon the whole building with everything in it was burnt to ashes. The fire brigade was rung up. In no time it was there.
A crew of active men in brass helmets got to work and fire was brought under control in half an hour. God be thanked, the neighbouring houses were saved. It is said that it was all due to the carelessness of the servant who was a heavy smoker.
While smoking his pipe, he dozed off to sleep. The burning ashes from pipe fell down and set fire to the bed. Soon the fire spread in the whole building.
The loss was estimated at more than five lakhs. Everyone had a sympathy for the affected family. They were shifted to a nearby house and an emergency meeting of all the elders of the colony was called. It was decided that the house will be repaired as a joint venture by people. A House on fire.
I have often heard that smoking is injurious to health. It was, however, last Sunday that I realized that it could destroy a whole house and endanger the life of the dwellers.
Last Sunday, as I got up a bit late in the morning, I heard a loud noise outside in the street. At first, I dismissed it taking it for a noisy brawl between two quarrelsome neighbours who had recently shifted in our street from some other town. The noise, however, was so loud that I could not help going out. To my great surprise, I found the people running towards the eastern side of the street. They had buckets of water and sand in their hands. As I looked towards the east, I saw tall, forky flames of fire and clouds of smoke.
Without wasting a moment, I rushed towards the side of flames. I was greatly shocked to learn that the famous tailor, Mr. It was learnt that Ali being a chain smoker, could not resist smoking even while stitching costly clothes. As a speck of burning cigarette fell on the silk and polyester clothes, they caught fire. The fire spread to the other occupant of the house, Mr.
Pritam Kumar who happened to be a cloth merchant and had dumped bundles of cotton, silk and polyester cloth in his rooms. He like Ali, was also a tenant in the house. A house in the next street was on fire. People were throwing water on the fire. I also joined them. Some people were throwing dust and sand on the fire. The fire was spreading fast. A child was left inside I the house.
Free sample essay on A House on Fire. One day, I was studying at home. Suddenly there was a loud noise. I came out of my house to know what had happened in the neighborhood. What I saw, I could not stop my scream. A house in my neighborhood had caught fire; people from the neighboring areas were.
Essay No. A house on fire. On the evening of last Saturday, we were having a tea party in our house. All of a sudden, the happy atmosphere of the party was disturbed by a loud noise.
The fire did a great damage to the house, clothes furniture and other valuable articles were reduced to ashes. The fire brigade brought the fire under control after full one hour long efforts. When the flames were controlled, the house was badly damaged. Yesterday evening I was doing my home work in my room. Suddenly, I heard a noise in the street. I at once rushed outside. The people were crying 'Fire'! 'Fire'! A house in the next street was on fire. People were throwing water on the fire. I also joined them. Some people were throwing dust and sand.
The fire spread quickly and soon the sofa, carpets and furniture were ablaze. We will write a custom essay sample on A House on Fire specifically for you for only $ $/page. House on fire presents a very sorrowful sight. Last Sunday I was sleeping at night on the roof of my house. At about midnight I was suddenly awakened by cries of 'fire fire'.